If all goes as planned, we will be closing on our house this Friday, March 20th, 2009. We were told that considering the real estate market, this was fairly quick --- but it feels like anything but.
It was a crisp day in early November when Joe and I went to view our first prospective house at Old Stagecoach Road. It needed work, but we were ready for the challenge and more than happy to acquire the property, which was simply beautiful. After months of negotiations, we gave up on this property and moved reluctantly forward in the process. Out of nowhere, another house appeared and WE FELL IN LOVE. Somehow, this process ended sadly as well, leaving us rather despondent about the fact that we had actually sold our house but had nowhere to go!
So, here we are- moving into a rental with our 8-month old daughter. The condo we're renting is actually quite nice, and some friends live in the same complex. That said, it feels friendly and easy to be here. Thus, it might be a blessing in disguise that we are living simply while we continue the search for our next place.
In fact, we are kind of exhausted and need a little respite before we hit the pavement again. It feels like we have been moving for over six months, but that might have more to do with being new parents than the move itself. Joe did say this evening that he has found this process to be more taxing than any of the other moves he or the two of us have made. Given his non-stop involvement in all of this, I cannot imagine how exhausted he must be. He says moving was even worse than putting our house on the market.
I simply hope that the toughest part is behind us. We'll be breathing a bit easier once the closing has officially happened, but at least we're mostly moved in and all sleeping under the same roof again.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello Melissa,
This is Genghis Khat,to come calling on your blog. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for coming to visit me on the blog I share with Pellie.
We worked in the yard all morning trying to purge all trace of neglect that Old Man Winter thrust upon it and the gardens. This is my first year to be able to go outside when the family goes out - cuz I was too young last year. My big brofur Dale showed me all the good places to hide and hunt from so now I am enjoying my new freedom.
How is your house search going? Better I hope now that President Obama did that stimulus thingy more banks are suppose to be working harder to get people into new homes - so I hope you and PO and JO are some of them.
Pellie does have a different style and humor to say the least - but I did think she did good when she named me cuz I am so fearless.
I like the play on words for your blogger name, too - Even Pellie and Sir Knight thought it was cool.
Well this is getting rather long and my paws need a pause. (TEEHEE)
Purrs,
Genghis Khat
Post a Comment